I’m gradually building up a database of guidelines and other information useful to those who write for women’s magazines – which can all be found under the ‘Woman’s Magazine’ tab on this site. For even more information on the subject, visit the Womagwriter blog.
Here are the latest guidelines for Woman’s Way, which is published in Ireland.
Woman’s Way Fiction submission guidelines
· We only accept stories via email and we cannot accept stories by post
· Stories must be previously unpublished.
· We will not accept poetry, scripts or an opinion piece
· Stories will not be considered if they are offensive to gender, sexuality, religion or race.
· We will not consider stories that contain unnecessary or graphic violence or language
· We will not accept serialized stories – the story must stand on its own
· Word count: One page stories of a maximum of 800 words
· All stories must be in English
· Stories may edited to Woman’s Way’s house style
· Woman’s Way will not enter into any discussion on stories that are not chosen for publication
By sending Woman’s Way a story you are agreeing that:
• You are the original creator of the work submitted
• You are the copyright holder of the work
We currently have stories as far as January 2021.